Our office excels at general dental services in Sioux City, IA. That’s what we’re all about. We provide preventive services, fillings, root canals, extractions, cleanings, same day crowns, implants, and dentures just to name a few of the general dental services we offer. Our team is highly trained, and we have the latest technologies to provide you with the best services.
We have a suite of lasers in our practice. They can cut through tooth, bone, or soft tissue like the gums. As a result, lasers may take the place of drills or scalpels in some procedures. The powerful light beams also kill germs on contact.
The many benefits of laser dentistry include:
- We can do fillings with the laser that requires either no anesthesia or less anesthesia.
- We can use the laser to help keep your gums healthier by destroying the disease-causing bacteria and helping the gums to heal more quickly and with less discomfort.
- If you suffer from cold sores, laser treatment is an effective option. The minute you feel the “tingle” call our office without delay. We can laser the area and stop the lesion from appearing if caught early enough or lessen the pain and duration of the lesion.
- Another use of our lasers is to release tongue ties on newborns to help with breastfeeding. So, we do go beyond general dental services with our four different types of lasers here in Sioux City, IA.
SAME DAY DENTISTRY
We know that you are busy. With this in mind, we strive to make oral health convenient. When possible, we offer same day dental treatment. Depending on the procedure, and how much time we have, we will complete it the same day you are here for your hygiene treatment. (As a side note, we don’t use the word “cleaning” because that’s what you do at home when you brush and floss. Hygiene treatment or therapy, on the other hand, is removing the hard build up and the biofilm above and below the gumline.)
The heart of same day dentistry is our CEREC CAD/CAM machine, which we use to design and create porcelain crowns (and much more) right here in our office. Our crowns are finished the same day. We mill them in the office and put them in place the same day. As a result, there are no more temporaries to fall off on the weekend. This is another example of a general dental service raised to the next level.
DIAGNOSTICS AND PREVENTIVE CARE
Despite popular belief, cavities are not simply a side effect of eating too much sugar or brushing infrequently. Acidity, bacterial activity, volume of saliva flow, and many other factors come into play. Additionally, sometimes a medical condition or prescription drug can make a person highly susceptible to decay.
If you experience decay, we try to get the cause of the problem. We test your spit for pH, buffering capacity, quantity of spit and number of bacteria. Then we can prescribe a program for you based on why you are getting cavities. It is prevention at a different level of general dental services.
From a tiny fracture to a knocked-out tooth, dental damage should be treated right away. Otherwise, a small problem will become a big one, and it can happen very quickly. That is because bacteria, normal wear and tear, along with many other factors will perpetuate the damage. For instance, a small chip might seem minor, but it is quite literally a chink in the tooth’s armor.
We offer a full range of restorations, such as:
- Fillings – As far as our fillings go, we use the latest white filling material. It is a bioactive material that releases fluoride, and calcium back into the tooth to make the tooth harder.
- Crowns – We use high strength porcelain, and in-office milling to deliver top quality dental crowns in just one visit.
- Inlays and onlays – Also known as partial crowns or indirect fillings, these restorations are more conservative than full crowns, yet stronger than fillings. We also use CEREC for same day treatment with inlays or onlays.
- Bridgework – A standard dental bridge can replace up to three adjacent teeth. Crowns, affixed to teeth on either side of the gap, hold it in place.
- Dental implants – Dr. Prince, like most dentists, considers implants the gold standard in replacing missing teeth. They provide unparalleled comfort and stability, with a natural look. Equally important, dental implants help preserve and protect the integrity of your bone tissue.
You deserve to feel great and turn heads (for all the right reasons) every time you smile – and cosmetic dentistry can make that happen! Some of our most popular options include:
- Tooth bonding – We use a tooth-colored resin to cover stains or other spots and enhance the appearance of teeth. Bonding on your front teeth can make them look better and give you a great smile.
- Veneers – Dr. Prince uses Lumineers, which are super thin, strong porcelain veneers. They require very little, if any, tooth preparation, and they can give your smile that sought-after “WOW” factor.
- Teeth whitening – We offer in-office whitening for instant results, as well as at-home kits for gradual improvement. Additionally, we offer the KöR deep bleaching system, which uses a combination of both methods for ultimate whitening power.
- Smile makeover – Maybe you don’t have a singular concern. Instead, you might want to fix multiple cosmetic problems, or even change the entire look of your smile. In this case, a customized makeover is in order. Improving the appearance of your smile requires artistic talent coupled with clinical skill. Equally important, your dentist needs to understand the esthetic principles such as the “Golden Proportions” that characterize attractive facial features.
We pride ourselves on being advanced in smile design and makeover. If you would like a better smile for more confidence and better self-esteem, come see us for a consultation. Another general dental service that is taken to the next level.
YOUR BEST SMILE IS JUST A PHONE CALL AWAY
We are not your ordinary dental office in Sioux City, IA. We provide extraordinary general dental services, we put you first and can provide the very best in dental care for you and your family. Give us a call at 712-274-2228 to schedule an appointment.