Did you know that we place and restore dental implants as a solution to missing teeth? Our office in Sioux City has the capability to replace your missing teeth from start to finish. Implants are the best solution to replacing a missing tooth. An implant is free standing and does not affect adjacent teeth.
High Tech Planning for a High-Quality Outcome
To begin the process, we discuss your goals and what you would like for an outcome. This includes smile design and oral health concerns, as well as scheduling considerations and more. With this information, coupled with diagnostic data, we can customize an implant solution for you. We then take a 3D x-ray to determine the amount of bone you have and what solutions are possible. Dental implant treatment planning truly is a collaborative effort, as Dr. Prince will work closely with you to create an ideal plan.
We start with the end in mind. Thanks to advanced technology, we can simulate the entire procedure digitally, working with a 3D virtual model of your mouth. The implants are placed virtually under the virtual restoration. As a result, we can see the expected outcome and refine the plan, before real life treatment ever begins. All this is done with the aid of the computer X-ray and scanner. All the planning is done before any procedure is completed.
Once we have created, revised, and perfected your treatment plan, the next step is making a very precise guide. It ensures that implants can go in the exact location planned, so you will get the expected result.
Tailored Treatment to Meet Your Unique Needs
In truth, a dental implant by itself is not a whole-tooth replacement. Instead, the implant replaces the root. A dental implant is embedded in bone tissue just like a natural tooth root is. This creates a rock-solid foundation for teeth. So, you might ask, what replaces the rest of the tooth? The answer is a specially designed, premium crown, bridge, or even denture.
Dental implants provide multiple solutions for missing teeth:
- One tooth – One implant can replace one missing tooth, when topped with a porcelain crown.
- Multiple teeth – Two or more implants can replace all the missing teeth. We might use several crowns, a bridge, or some combination. This depends on factors such as the number of missing teeth, their location, the bone health, and more. Implant restorations (the “false tooth” part), are tailor-made to meet your needs.
- All teeth in an arch – We may use four or more implants for total tooth replacement in either arch. If the dental implant solution is replacing all your teeth, it can be such that the teeth don’t come out…or the implant solution can be they help retain the dentures in place, but you can take them out.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
You lost a tooth, or maybe a few of them. Of course, you are not happy about the gap in your smile, but you have other things to worry about. You might wonder just how important tooth replacement is, and why we recommend implants so highly. There are many reasons, such as:
- That gap can harm your other teeth. Over time, they will start to shift and lean. Crooked teeth not only look unattractive, but they are also harder to clean. That means your risk of decay can go up.
- The bone needs tooth roots. You might think that pressure from chewing and biting would cause wear and tear on the bone. After all, it holds the roots of all your teeth. In truth, this action triggers a regenerative response in the bone. As a result, the body makes new bone cells, keeping it strong and healthy. Without the tooth roots, you bone will begin shrinking and melting away. Implants are the only tooth replacement system that replaces roots and preserves the bone.
- You can eat, smile, and laugh with confidence. Implants are sturdy, they are stable, and they keep your replacement teeth firmly in place. Go ahead and accept that dinner party invite. Enjoy your corn on the cob. Don’t worry, your teeth aren’t going to move.
- Yes, you can have an absolutely amazing smile. We know that you want to look your best, and implants can help make it happen. Besides the numerous health benefits, dental implants and porcelain restorations look fabulous, when you choose a talented cosmetic dentist like Dr. Prince.
Implants support replacement teeth, but they need a solid foundation. The jaw bone supports the implants. Sadly, many oral health problems, including missing teeth, can lead to bone loss. If this is the case, then you might not have enough bone to hold implants. Don’t worry, we can correct this with a bone graft.
If you have specific issues like high decay rate, the dental implant solution can be one that is staged. Implants placed in strategic locations can have adaptors changed out for different solutions for replacing teeth.
So, you can have crowns or a bridge, fixed or removable dentures, special designed solutions… If it sounds confusing…it can be. But you can make an appointment for a no-charge consultation and we can see if dental implants are the solution for your missing teeth. Please contact our office at 712-274-2228.