Invisalign has Sioux City smiling!
Countless men and women dream of straight teeth and attractive smiles. Yet, they don’t want to live with uncomfortable, noticeable hardware for a several years. The Invisalign clear aligner system can be a great alternative, in the experienced hands of Dr. Dona Prince in Sioux City.
About the technology
Invisalign received FDA approval in 1998, and has continued to evolve. Where once Invisalign was considered a simple cosmetic treatment, it is now appropriate for many complex cases including bite problems.
After a thorough examination and consultation to determine if Invisalign is right for your smile, Dr. Prince begins by taking 3D panoramic images of your mouth. Robust computer software turns these high-resolution images into a detailed treatment plan. You see, on a monitor, how your smile will be transformed.
You receive a series of aligners, changing to the next set about every two weeks. Simply wear the aligners at least 20 hours a day, and come in for brief visits to monitor your progress. While each case is unique, with good compliance, treatment can usually be completed in about 12 months.
Here are some of the reasons Dr. Prince’s patients love Invisalign:
- Comfortable – Aligners are fabricated from smooth plastic. There are no sharp parts to injure delicate mouth tissues, and no aggressive wire tightening. Most patients adapt readily to wearing aligners; speaking and drinking water with them in place.
- Attractive – The plastic is transparent! Most people won’t realize you are wearing aligners unless they look very closely.
- Encouraging – You get to see improvement as it occurs, since hardware does not hide your smile.
- Removable – While compliance with the wearing schedule is critical to efficient treatment, the aligners come out. Remove them to enjoy eating the foods you love.
- Hygienic – Slip aligners out to brush and floss, and to have your teeth cleaned at regular checkups. It is easy to keep aligners fresh, too – we’ll show you how to care for them.
Would you like to learn more about getting a straight smile without bands, brackets, and wires? Call our Sioux City office at (712) 355 5995 to schedule an Invisalign consultation.